1 Mississippi:
Getting ready this morning I reached for my moisturizer and grabbed my micro-derma abrasion, rinsed off my face, put on the moisturizer and got the rest of my facial routine all out of whack. I reached for my contact container, got my right eye in opened the left eye and the contact isn’t there! I went on a hunt for my glasses which I had to wear because the rest of my contacts are in the storage unit.
I can’t go by the storage unit until I find R’s car keys because the unit key I think is on it. (regardless, I need to find the keys)
2 Mississippi:
I get to work only after running by Starbucks for coffee. … My coffee pot is in the storage unit. I did my best to keep my emotions in check but I cried a little during prayer letting everyone know R. made it there safely. I then cried a bit more during flag salute in chapel. and tried my best to keep it in check all day long.
I had to sub today so I think that helped. I was the first teacher out of the building today. I’ve NOT left early or even missed a day this year. I didn’t feel bad leaving as soon as my last child was picked up.
3 Mississippi
One of the ladies at work kind of freaked me out a little bit because we had BIG nasty hairy storms headed our direction. She said someone told her if a tornado touches the ground it will be a mean one; that this system isn’t one you want to ride out in a bathtub or closet. …
I’m USUALLY pretty calm with this type of stuff. I so was not today! I think part of it was because I was thinking if something happens R. is at boot camp for one. Secondly, I didn’t quite know where to go at that point. I’ve not been thinking clearly today (see above).
4 Mississippi
I left work to run errands and in the middle of the errands Ashley called me to say she and her brother’s were going to a house that had a shelter. I said I had 2 errands left to run and I’d see her either at her place or the shelter place. I asked her to grab a few things for me too, just in case!
I finished the errand and headed to get my hair cut. on the way I called Daddy to tell him storms were coming and I had a safe place to go. (The last time we had tornadoes through here They couldn’t get ahold of me.) I thought I’d give them a head’s up this time. I’m doing my best to be calm but I was in full tears by the time I talked to Daddy, Oh wait, I had to pull myself together after talking to Ashley.
Sorry Ashley Didn’t mean to freak you out too! I don’t think I’ve ever seen Ashley so calm in a storm and I don’t think she’s ever seen me so frantic in a storm. It was quite out of character for the both of us!
5 Mississippi
I had an appointment to get my hair cut today at 3:15. That chick had me washed, cut and styled in like 15-20 minutes!! She did a GREAT job too! She told me how much and I just handed her some cash and walked out the door.
6 Mississippi
I was walking up to Ashley’s apartment just as they were coming down with their last load of stuff. I ran upstairs to grab one final thing and we were off to their grandparent’s house.
I was beginning to calm down by the time we were exiting the highway though I was still trembling a bit. We stayed well past the all clear call from Rick.
7 Mississippi
Back to the finding R’s keys: I started searching my bags in attempts to finding them. No luck, I went to the car to find them, where I burst into tears again, Still no luck,
I do hope I will find them. Namely because I really want to say the storage unit key is on that key ring but also because those car keys are freaking expensive to replace!
Is today Friday? Oh, bummer, it’s only the wee hours of Wednesday. I’m SO ready for this week to be done with. I keep asking myself why I’m so emotional about all of this. Then I have to remind myself that he only made it there yesterday. Seriously, I feel like it’s been a week already. HA! maybe next week will seem super fast to make up for this long week.
I don’t know how but I CAN do this! Right???
No comments:
Post a Comment