I’m sorry, it’s been several days since I’ve posted anything and it’s been a couple of days since I’ve even read blogs. I’ll get caught up again. Well, I have pictures to post but just realized I need to look through them and flip half of them around before I post about our Skirven weekend before he left. I’ll try to get that post done before I recap this weekend.
By the time I went to bed last night, the week had seemed like three. The first half of it seemed like 2. I’m kind of hoping this week will go a bit quicker, though today seemed to be a slow day too. And it should! The further Sister and I get into the weekend, the more things she has planned to do while I’m here. So far I think the only evening not booked this week is Friday. and I want to say we’ve got something planned then.
I guess it’s good that I’ll be so busy. I forget about how much I truly miss R. when I’m busy, not to mention time passes quicker too.
I have a document started that’s up to 12 pages by now. I’ve been jotting down my day everyday since Last Monday. I’ve also been jotting down a Bible verse for him as well as my prayers for him.
We used to pray together every night and we’ve somehow gotten out of that habit. but before we departed from each other he took me in his arms and prayed for us before he left.
Goodness, I can hardly talk about that day or about him being gone without bursting into tears. I even woke up this morning thinking only 8 more weeks! I’m hoping Memorial day as well as the 4th won’t delay his graduation any.
There one of three weekends it could be and I’m seriously hoping even praying it’s the first of the three rather than the second or even last. We shall see I suppose.
My, my, my this is so hard. I’m trying to hide some of my feelings in the letters too. Which if you know me isn’t like me. Especially, with R. He can look at me and know how I’m feeling. It is very hard for me to hide my emotions from him. But, I know he needs to take care of things at boot camp and not worry about my emotional health.
While I’m ready for the summer to be finished, I’m doing my best to make the best of it; even if it means shedding a few tears everyday.
I’m ready to talk to him and I’m ready to see him and hold him. We’ve never gone this long with out speaking to one another. It’s SO HARD!
I’m ready to get to South Carolina; to have my things again, to have my space again, to have normalcy again. Over the summer I’m traveling ALL over Texas visiting my family. 2 weeks with each of my sisters and three weeks with my parents. Then back to each sister. I’m enjoying the time I’m spending with Sister, and feel sort of guilty for counting down the days. But, I’m ready to be in my space with my husband and have some sense of normal as I’ve just said. Even though we will be figuring out what our new normal will be.
Just please pray for both of us. Pray for him to do his best while he’s there and pray for me to be able to handle all of this. God must really think I/ we can handle a lot because R and I have been through the ringer since we’ve been married. Pray for comfort for each of us and strength. Also please pray for my safety as I’m traveling all summer. I leave next week to head to my next stop on Summer Road Trip 2011.
I’m hoping to get his address soon so I can start mailing him all of the letters I’ve already got.
No comments:
Post a Comment